ONKYO Digital Audio MQA Player. Audiophile performance in a compact player. Twin SABRE converter and amplifier. Dual clocks. Dual headphone/line outputs. Symmetrical channel layout.
Music Like You’ve Never Heard It Before
The DP-S1 condenses blue-chip DAP performance into a palm-sized package with a form factor to fit daily life and performance to transport you from train carriage to another world. Twin SABRE® DACs and amps, dual clocks, balanced and unbalanced outputs, WiFi®, Bluetooth® and monster storage capability coalesce behind a touch interface you can navigate with one hand. Treating Hi-Res Audio signals with finesse, the player gives detailed insight on songs you thought you knew backwards, inspiring a new appreciation for old favourites. Even compressed files stretch out and breathe on a 3D soundstage, each instrument clearly defined, every note guided with precision. Push up the volume as far as you like without clipping. Built for the audiophile inside us all, the DP-S1 is an investment that rewards with sonic satisfaction. Just press play.
Built for Love of Music
The compact, lightweight DP-S1 delivers the best balance of immersive high-fidelity reproduction and everyday practicality, with line outputs, WiFi®, and Bluetooth® extending the scope of application beyond that of headphones and into that of a premium standalone audio player and DAC for a car and home stereos. This player brings joy to daily life with an adaptable, future-focused feature set that makes routine activities events to look forward to.
Twin DACs and Amps for Balanced Audio
Twin ESS SABRE® DACs (ES9018C2M) and amplifiers (ES9601K) are laid out symmetrically and served by separate capacitors. Connect your headphones via 2.5mm 4-pole output to enable Balanced Audio Output with both DACs and amps employed simultaneously. Two modes are available: BTL, to increase driving power and ACG mode for enhanced stability. Both modes offer a tangible increase in headroom and spatial dimensionality. Transparent reproduction gives insight and dynamic response you just can’t experience with a smartphone.
Universal Format Support
The DP-S1 supports MQA*, DSD 5.6MHz/2.8MHz, FLAC, WAV, ALAC and AIFF up to 192 kHz/32-bit* and plays all popular compressed audio formats. For lower quality files, upsample audio to 192kHz/24-bit for a smooth, fluent, and detail-rich experience. Use dual-band WiFi® to get glitch-free lossless streaming from TIDAL wherever you are, enjoy TuneIn internet radio and look forward to more leading services to follow via a firmware update.
* Enabled with a future firmware update. Native 32-bit audio downsampled to 24-bit on playback.
Connect, Stream, and Cast
Dual-band 5GHz/2.4GHz WiFi® supports streaming from on-demand music services. Bluetooth
® wireless technology lets you mirror content from DAP to a wireless speaker or car stereo system. Analog and digital audio outputs connect you up to integrated amps and home stereos, meaning you can access half a terabyte of music, network streaming, and more on virtually any audio system.
- Audiophile Performance in a Compact, Portable, Practical Player
- Twin SABRE® ES9018C2M Digital-to-Analogue Converters for Precision Hi-Res Audio Playback
- Twin SABRE ES9601K Amplifiers to Drive 16–600Ω Headphones
- Dual Clocks Automatically Detect 44.1kHz and 48kHz Signals to Assure Superior Timing Accuracy
- Dual Headphone/Line Outputs for Balanced and Unbalanced Audio
- Symmetrical Channel Layout Equalises Signal Paths to Minimise Stereo Errors
- Isolated Audio Circuit Design Minimises Electrical Interference from Power Circuits
- Supports Balanced Audio Output in Bridge-Tied Load (BTL) and Active Control Ground (ACG) Modes Employing Twin DACs and Amps
- Solid Aluminium Casing
- Bright, Scratch-resistant 2.4" 320x240-pixel Touchscreen
- Original User Interface Provides Fast and Intuitive Access to Music
- Dual-band 5GHz/2.4GHz WiFi® Enables Music Streaming from TIDAL and TuneIn
- Bluetooth® Wireless Streaming Technology Plays to External Receivers (Profile: A2DP/AVRCP, Codec: SBC)
- Supports MQA Hi-Res Audio Format
- 192kHz/32-bit Upsampling Mode Enhances Lower-resolution Audio File
- Offers Up to 528GB Storage: 16GB Internal + 2 x 256GB microSD cards
- Long-life Rechargeable Battery Returns up to 15 Hours Playback
- Control Playback from Smartphone with Onkyo DapController App
- External Metal Volume Wheel and Playback Control Buttons
- 32-bit DSP Provides Fast, Efficient, and Stable Operation
- Firmware Updates via WiFi