EDIMAX 8 Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit PoE+ Switch with DIP Switch. PoE delivery up to 200m. Power budget: 130W. Auto Energy Saving. Functions. Plug and Play. VLAN and Loop Protection. VLAN & QoS.
The Edimax GS-1008P V2 is an Eight PoE+ Port Gigabit switch designed for use in home, small or medium-sized network environments. With 8 DIP switches, the PoE port can be manually set for ON-OFF control to extend the PoE delivery distance up to 200m and also support port-based NO-OFF for VLAN and QoS functions. It easily connects and supplies power to PoE-enabled devices such as wireless access points, network cameras and IP phones as well as other Ethernet-enabled devices such as computers, printers and network attached storage (NAS). The device's compact size and fanless design make it an ideal solution for expanding home and small business networks.
- Eight 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit PoE+ ports
- IEEE 802.3af/at PoE compliant for simplified deployment and installation.
- Up to 30W per PoE port (total power budget: 130W) for powering PoE-enabled devices.
- Auto-detection of powered devices (PD) and power consumption levels.
- Hardware DIP switch for “Standard” and “Extend” mode selection; the “Extend” mode features 30W PoE transmit distance of 200m at speed of 10Mbps
- Port-based VLAN and Loop Protection features
- Supports 802.1p Quality of Service (QoS)
Power over Ethernet (PoE+) Auto Detection
Features eight IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+) ports which supply up to 30 watts of electricity per port. It can convert standard 100V-240V AC power into low-voltage 50V-57V DC electricity to power IEEE 802.3at compliant network accessories via existing LAN cables. With PoE detection capability, the GS-1008P V2 is able to verify whether the connected device is IEEE 802.3at compliant. In the event that a PoE device is not detected, only network data will be transmitted through the LAN cable – meaning easy setup and management of network devices such as access points and network cameras.
Innovative Port-based VLAN Features
The GS-1008P V2 features port-based VLAN where ports can be isolated from each other via DIP switch port 3 & 8. This can help to prevent IP camera’s multicast or broadcast storms from affecting each other.
Hardware QoS for Video & Voice Traffic Priority
Supports 802.1p QoS via DIP switch port 4. This ensures first priority for video and voice traffic.