PowerShield External Maintenance Bypass Switch for 1kVA or 2kVA UPS
Power Shield is pleased to be able to offer a comprehensive range of MBS (Maintenance Bypass Switches) suitable for all UPS applications.
An inclusion of an MBS is recommended for all critical power applications. A correctly designed MBS enables a technician to perform maintenance on a UPS during normal office hours and without having to shut down your critical electrical load while doing so. While in the "Bypass" position the UPS will still receive power from the mains so that the technician can perform maintenance procedures while the load continues to be supplied by raw mains.
In the “Bypass & Isolate” position the UPS can be safely removed from service (if need be) while a new UPS is once again safely installed and all this without interrupting the power supply to the load.
While we offer a standard range of MBS’s, we also offer customised solutions to suit the specific project.
- No downtime. Routine maintenance can be performed during normal hours by simply switching the MBS to the “Bypass” position. The load is then fed directly from mains power while maintenance is performed or the UPS is replaced all without interruption
- PDU (power distribution unit). The MBS has six outlets for distribution to your load.
- Rackmount. It can be mounted both horizontally or vertically (0RU) into a rack
- Wallmount as an option either vertically or horizontally to a wall
- Suitable for both line interactive and true online double conversion topologies