PLATINUM TOOLS Net Prowler PRO Test Kit. Kit includes: Net Prowler main unit. Network/Tel ID remote set. Coax ID-only remote set. RJ45 ID only remote set. Micro USB, RJ45 to alligator.
The Cable Prowler™ combines network testing (physical layer and link), cable verification & troubleshooting and PoE voltage testing in a handheld tester with a full-colour display; all with the capability of saving and printing tests results from a personal computer.
Cable Verification & Troubleshooting:
The Cable Prowler provides full cable testing on any category network, coax, or telephone cable. It will display wire map, numbered ID remotes, and any faults, including shorts, opens, mis-wires, split pairs, and reverses. The full-featured Cable Prowler measures cable length (using TDR technology) and generates tone levels for signal tracing and cable identification on all pairs, a selected pair, or a selected pin.
PoE Voltage Testing:
The Cable Prowler enables quick identification of a network drops link capability and current link status. Cable Prowler also tests the presence of PoE on the network drop and what class of PoE per IEEE 802.3 af/at with load test for voltage drop. These network tests can also be saved for record keeping and printing.
- Cable Prowler™ main unit
- #1-8 Network/Tel-Test and ID Smart Remote set
- #1-8 Push on Coax ID-only Remote set
- #1-12 RJ45 Data ID-only Remote set
- Micro USB cable
- No-Fault cable - Qty 2
- RJ45 Port Saver
- RJ45 to Alligator 12"
- F Female to F Female adapters, set of 2
- BNC Female to F Female Adapter
- BNC Female to F Male Adapter
- Heavy duty case
- Displays length measurement for each pair in feet or meters using TDR technology
- Full-colour graphical wire-mapping
- Tests Ethernet cable configuration and verifies connectivity while conducting tests for opens, shorts, mis-wires, split pairs and reverses
- Detects and reports current link speed and link capabilities for active Ethernet drop up to 1Gbps
- Detects presence of PoE and class of PoE per IEEE 802.3af/at with load test for voltage drop
- Ability to define cable name, save cable tests and print ALL results (cable testing & network testing)
- View saved cable tests
- Link light to identify the location of a hub/switch/router port
- Supports up to 20x networks & coax ID - only mapping remotes
- Supports up to 8x testing & ID SMART remotes for network & telephone cables
- Generates selectable tones on selected pins for use with tone tracers
- Multilingual (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- Measure cable length and length of faults using TDR technology
- Network testing of link capability, link status and the link light
- Test PoE to ensure adequate power for powered devices such as VoIP phones
- Conduct single ended and remote cable tests with a display of PASS, wire map, ID and faults for network & coax cables
- Tone and trace cables
- Locate unlabeled network & coax cables with up to 20x remote identifiers
- Test multiple (up to 8) network & telephone drops with testing & identifier remotes
- Define the cable name during your cable test, save every cable test, export to your computer for record keeping and printing